MINUTES OF EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING of GGS: 22/11/2021and 25/11/2021
- OnJanuary 5, 2022
GONDWANA GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
MINUTES OF EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING 22/11/2021
An online meeting of Executive Committee was conducted on 22/11/2021, to discuss the AGM of GGS to be held on 1 December 2021. Following members attended the meeting. Dr. A.K. Chatterjee, Dr. S.K. Humane, Dr. A.K.Raina, Dr. P. K. Jain, Dr. Mrs. Samaya Humane, Dr M.K. Roy, Dr Sandip Roy, Dr.H. W. Khandare, Shri. Chandra Das, Shri. P. B. Sarolkar.
The meeting started with discussion on preparation of AGM, and it was decided that a foundation day talk of Dr. Sandip Roy will be arranged on topic “ Antarctica and climate change”. The various other topics like publication of JGSR, new member enrolled were discussed. It was also informed that total 10 applications were received for the late Dr. S.C. Srivastava gold medal for excellent contribution in Geochemistry installed by GGS. Dr Abhishek Saha of NIO, Goa, is selected for this award. The second best candidate was Shri. Md. Sadiq of GSI. It was suggested to give a appreciation certificate to him.
The Secretary informed to the members that the Head of Department, Geology Department has decided to shift the almirahs and office of GGS from the present location to some other area for use as meeting room. The members discussed the proposal in length and opined that GGS should continue from the present position and extend all possible support for scientific work.
The meeting concluded with extending thanks by the Secretary.
MINUTES OF EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING OF GGS: 25/11/2021
A meeting of EC of GGS was conducted on 25/11/2021 to discuss AGM 2020 programme.
1. A resolution suggested that the Secretary, GGS may include his name in bank account as authorized signatory.
2. A talk by Dr Sandip Roy on “ Deglaciation, climate change and Antarctica” is arranged on 1/12/2021.
3. Gold medal on geochemistry will be given to Dr Anhishek Saha, NIO, Goa.
4. The citation given to gold medal winner may be uploaded in website and published in JGSR.
5.Keeping in view the Platinum Jubilee of Department of Geology, RTM Nagpur University, a letter with greetings and good wishes may be sent to HoD.
6. Discussion may be initiated with the Director, AMD to organize a seminar on geosciences in April- May 2022.
7. The foundation day talk and award giving ceremony will be held at GSI, Central Region, followed by AGM.
8. Journal may be put on website and may be visible to all members.
9. The recent improvement in JGSR, effort for citation index and impact factor may be included in website and Secretary report.
The meeting was attended by Dr. A.K. Chatterjee, Dr. S.K. Humane, Dr. Mrs. Samaya Humane, Dr. Amit Mujumdar, Prof. P. M. Tapaswi, Dr A.M. Pophare, Dr. H. W. Khandare, Shri. R.S.Kalamkar and Shri. P. B. Sarolkar. Vote of thanks was proposed by Prof. Khandare.